11 563 m²
€36M excluding tax (value date 2018)
Scope of services
- High Environmental Quality
- Roadworks and various networks
Construction of a general secondary school for 1,432 pupils comprising:
- Teaching facilities (general, scientific, artistic, technological, sports courses),
- Premises for extracurricular and social life (library, reception area, teachers' and supervisors' rooms, student extracurriculars, medical and social services),
- Administration and logistics,
- Day-boarding facilities,
- A 99-bed dormitory.
The thick section of the base is made up of bricks and mullions in white lacquered steel.
The sports facility has a curtain wall façade with vertical slats that effectively filter light from the west.
The linear façade of the boarding school features alternating aluminium panels and vertical windows. They are protected from the sun by louvered shutters, giving the building a domestic feel.
The staff quarters are distinguished by a slightly protruding volume with more domestically-scaled openings.
The project involves an environmental protection strategy including the following certifications:
- 2015 standards for high environmental quality (HEQ) at “very good” level,
- E3C1 label,
- Paris-Saclay eco-district: the project complies with the environmental charter of the Polytechnique development zone (ZAC), which is part of the Paris Saclay local school.